2018 Yamaha Zuma 125
RUGGED AND RELIABLE WITH A DASH OF SPORT
The Zuma 125 includes great off-road-inspired styling, huge fuel economy, powerful rear brake, plush suspension and tons of storage.
- Rugged, Modern Design: Beneath the sleek styling, the Zuma 125 is built around a strong steel frame with fat, aggressive tires on cast aluminum wheels, tough suspension, and protective off-road-style brush deflectors and fork tube boots. This scooter boasts capability on roads of all sorts, with plenty of attitude for your daily commute.
- Potent Fuel Injected Engine: Powering the Zuma 125 is a compact 125cc 4-stroke engine with 4 valves, a 10:1 compression ratio, ceramic-composite cylinder liner, and electronic fuel injection—giving this scooter modern reliability and economical performance. With an amazing 103 mpg* and a 1.7- gallon fuel tank, you get plenty of range, too.
- Automatic Convenience: A fully-automatic V-belt transmission and push-button electric starting make the Zuma 125 super-convenient transportation. Standard center and side stands, along with a locking cover on the ignition switch, make it easy and secure to park, too.
- Roomy, Step-Through Ergonomics: There’s room for two atop the Zuma 125's seat, and lots of locking storage beneath it. The step-through floorboards making getting on and off a breeze, too.
- Potent Fuel Injected Engine: Zuma 125’s fuel-injected, 125cc single cylinder, 4-stroke engine pumps out lots of power for its size, using an SOHC 4-valve head with 10:1 compression ratio and ceramic-composite cylinder plating. Fuel injection provides the optimal fuel mixture for varying conditions, and that means easy cold starts, too.
- Electric Starter: Pushbutton electric starting makes the Zuma 125 super-convenient for transportation.
- Modern Reliability: For reliability and easy maintenance, simple wet-sump lubrication is used. Forced air cooling system helps keep engine temperatures under control, even while idling at stoplights, for maximum efficiency and longer engine life.
- Automatic Convenience: Fully automatic, V-belt transmission with centrifugal clutch provides easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation with great off-the-line acceleration.
- Ready to Get Dirty: Oiled-paper type air filter helps trap dirt before it gets to your engine, even when riding on unpaved roads. The V-belt housing has its own off-road-style wet-foam air filter for durability.
- Clean-Running Design: Upswept muffler incorporates exhaust catalyst technology to reduce air pollution and meet emission regulations.
- Hardy Steel Frame: Robust steel-tube frame is light but strong, and features a step-through design for easy mounting. A two-stage electrostatic painting process provides a durable, corrosion-resistant finish.
- Durable Suspension: Telescopic fork features beefy outer tubes for strength, while fork boots help protect the large 33mm inner tubes from debris. The swingarm features twin rear shocks with a full 3.1 in of travel for riding comfort on the street and unpaved roads, too.
- Generous Fuel Range: Fuel tank holds 1.7 gallons for plenty of cruising range. Fuel tank emissions system includes a charcoal canister to control gasoline evaporation and reduce air pollution.
- Heavy-Duty Tires and Wheels: Fat 120/70-12 front and 130/70-12 rear tires have an aggressive looking block pattern for great handling on unpaved roads and on the street. Tires run on lightweight five-spoke die-cast aluminum wheels.
- High Quality Braking: 245mm hydraulic front disc and 200mm rear disc brakes provide plenty of stopping power, while the wave-type front rotor design adds cutting-edge style.
- Comfortable Ergonomics: A plush and roomy riding position is ready for two, with a narrow seat design for easier flat-footing at stops, and plenty of leg space in front of the rider’s seat. Meanwhile, the passenger gets secure handholds that blend cleanly into the Zuma 125’s body design.
- Aggressive Headlights and Styling: Two bright halogen headlights light the way, with the sculpted bodywork smoothly wrapping around the aggressive lighting design.
- Plenty of Storage: The underseat storage compartment’s cavernous 7.7-gallon capacity is roomy enough for a full-face helmet, while a cup holder and fold-out cargo hook on the dash makes it easy to bring it all with you.
- Modern Gauge Package: The Zuma 125’s stylish LCD meter features a fuel gauge as well as a full range of indicator lights.
- Secure and Convenient: Zuma 125 provides both a centerstand and side stand for parking convenience. For extra security when parked, the main switch is equipped with a keyhole lock cover. And the fuel filler is found just left of the ignition switch for easy refueling.
- Engine Type: 125cc forced air-cooled, 4-stroke SOHC single; 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 52.4mm x 57.9mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: V-Belt automatic
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic forks
- Suspension / Rear: Dual shocks
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 200mm
- Tires / Front: 120/70-12
- Tires / Rear: 130/70-12
- L x W x H: 75.2 in. x 30.1 in. x 44.3 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Wheelbase: 51.4 in.
- Rake (Castor Angle): 27.0 deg.
- Trail: 3.7 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 4.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.7 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 103 mpg
- Wet Weight: 262 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke SOHC single; 4 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 52.4mm x 57.9mm
- Forced Air
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- V-Belt automatic
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic forks
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 200mm
- Rear Tire
- 7.7 gal. underseat
- Curb Weight
- 262 lb.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 51.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.7 gal.
- Heat Red, Liquid Silver
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)