2019 Suzuki Hayabusa
The Suzuki Hayabusa is quite simply the Ultimate Sportbike. Twist the throttle on this iconic motorcycle and it reacts with awesome acceleration and crisp throttle response in every gear with an unbelievable top-end charge. Thanks to a lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum frame and state-of-the-art suspension, its performance is matched by equally impressive handling, providing exceptional control in tight corners, reassuring stability in sweeping turns, and a smooth ride on the highway. The sleek, aerodynamic bodywork functions as it appears, so the Hayabusa slips through the wind like a peregrine falcon.
- For 2019, riders can select either the Metallic Oort Gray paint scheme with a contrasting red Hayabusa symbol and wheels or Glass Sparkle Black paint with silver wheels and symbol.
- Superbike-caliber, twin-spar aluminum frame, and fully adjustable KYB-supplied suspension delivers superlative handling.
- The powerful 1340cc, four-cylinder, DOHC engine employs Suzuki's advanced EFI with two 10-hole fuel injectors feeding each cylinder and dual ram air intakes in the nose of the aerodynamic fairing.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) lets the rider tailor the Hayabusa's power delivery to match the riding conditions.
- Fully floating 310mm dual front brake rotors are grasped by Brembo Monobloc brake calipers equipped with anti-lock brakes (ABS*), delivering reliable stopping power.
- Instantly recognizable as a Hayabusa, the wind-cheating body was truly inspired by a peregrine falcon - the world's fastest animal.
- Powerful 1340cc, in-line four-cylinder, fuel injected, liquid-cooled, DOHC engine delivers a broad wave of torque for effortless acceleration.
- The chrome nitride Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) piston ring coating is harder and smoother than conventional chrome plating, reducing friction while improving sealing to the cylinder.
- Forged three-ring aluminum alloy slipper pistons provide superior strength, while PVD-coated rings reduce friction and improve cylinder sealing.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder plating improves heat dissipation, durability, and ring seal.
- U-shaped cutouts in the cylinder-bore sides allow air pressure created by descending pistons to escape to adjacent cylinders to reduce internal pumping pressure and mechanical power losses.
- Lightweight titanium valves allow the use of light valve springs and high-lift camshafts while maintaining accurate valve control.
- Iridium spark plugs produce more complete combustion and last longer than conventional plugs.
- Curved radiator with a compact, dense-core design and two ECM-controlled electric fans keep the engine temperature stable.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) serves as back-torque-limiting system for smooth downshifts and also contributes to a light clutch pull.
- Close ratio, constant-mesh six-speed transmission uses dedicated oil spray to the 4th, 5th and 6th gears to reduce friction, wear, and mechanical noise during high-speed operation.
- Suzuki's advanced fuel injection system with tapered, 44mm double-barrel Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) induction to improve combustion efficiency and smooth throttle response.
- Two 12-hole fine-spray injectors on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency while reducing fuel consumption.
- Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and helps maintain a stable engine idle under a variety of conditions.
- Suzuki Pulsed Secondary Air Injection (PAIR) system ignites unburned hydrocarbons (HC) and reduces carbon monoxide (CO) emissions.
- Large-volume catalyzer in the twin-silencer exhaust permits high flow while further reducing HC, CO, and nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) lets riders select engine power output to match preferences or riding conditions.
- Twin-spar aluminum alloy frame is constructed with castings and extrusions to produce a balance of light weight and strength.
- Rear sub-frame made of rectangular steel tubing for ample weight-carrying capacity.
- KYB inverted cartridge forks feature Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating on the 43mm stanchion tubes to reduce friction and improve reaction to small road surface irregularities.
- The front forks and the single rear shock absorber both have fully adjustable spring preload, plus compression and rebound damping.
- Standard-equipment steering damper quells unwanted vibration and steering forces.
- Three-spoke cast aluminum alloy wheels shod with 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) front and 190/50ZR17M/C (73W) rear radial tires.
- Dual 310mm (12.2-inch) floating-brake rotors are mated with radial-mount Brembo monobloc front brake calipers. The calipers are lighter and more rigid than conventional bolt-together calipers, delivering better feedback, and are ?tted with larger pistons that increase initial bite for greater controllability. The hollow-type mounting bolts further reduce weight.
- The solo rear 260mm (10.2 inch) brake rotor is grabbed by a single-piston brake caliper.
- The standard equipment Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)* unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS enhances brake performance by helping prevent, to a certain extent, wheel locking due to changes in road conditions or excessive braking by matching stopping power to available traction.
- Radical aerodynamic styling and smooth bodywork provides the Hayabusa its distinctive look, protects the rider from the wind, and improves fuel efficiency.
- Advanced aerodynamics offering superb wind protection both for normal and completely tucked-in seating positions.
- Integrated front turn signals form the outer edges of the functional ram air intake scoop.
- Vertically stacked headlight featuring a projector high beam and a halogen-bulb multi-reflector low beam.
- Unique tail section featuring streamlined bulges that integrate the rear turn signals.
- Bright, durable LED tail light, with clear inner lens and red outer lens.
- Four analog gauges including step-motor-driven tachometer and speedometer. Round LCD panel includes clock, gear position indicator, S-DMS map indicator, odometer, and dual trip meters. Engine rpm indicator is programmable to blink or stay on between 4,000 and 11,500 rpm.
- Silver metallic trim around the analog gauges and LCD panel match the styling of race-specification meters.
- Stylized Suzuki “S" 3-D emblems on the fuel tank and the fork upper bracket denote the quality, sophistication and performance legacy of the brand.
- Quality details abound with passenger foot-peg brackets, muffler hangers, rider foot peg and control brackets that evoke the fine art of feudal Japanese armor, Yoroi-Kabuto.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for Hayabusa owners are available including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- 12-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- *Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please ride carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
- Engine: 1340cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, 4-cylinder, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 81.0 mm x 65.0 mm (3.19 in. x 2.56 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Fuel System: Suzuki fuel injection with SDTV
- Starter: Electronic
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate type
- Final Drive: Chain, RK GB50GSV Z4, 114 links
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Brembo, 4-piston, twin disc, ABS-equipped
- Brakes Rear: Nissin, 1-piston, single disc, ABS-equipped
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Tires Rear: 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 21.0 L (5.5 US gal.) / CA Model: 20.0 L (5.3 US gal.)
- Color: Metallic Oort Gray No. 3 or Glass Sparkle Black
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- Spark Plug: NGK CR9EIA-9 or DENSO IU27D
- Headlight: 12V 65W (H9 high-beam) and 12V 55W (H7 low-beam)
- Taillight: LED
- Overall Length: 2190 mm (86.2 in.)
- Overall Width: 735 mm (28.9 in.)
- Overall Width: 1165 mm (45.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1480 mm (58.3 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 120 mm (4.7 in.)
- Seat Height: 805 mm (31.7 in.)
- Curb Weight: 266 kg (586 lb.)
- Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty
- Extension: Longer coverage periods with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.19 in. x 2.56 in. (81.0 mm x 65.0 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Suzuki fuel injection with SDTV
- Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, RK GB50GSV Z4, 114 links
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Brembo, 4-piston, twin disc, ABS-equipped
- Rear Brakes
- Nissin, 1-piston, single disc, ABS-equipped
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- 58.3 in. (1480 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.7 in. (805 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 US gal. (21.0 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 586 lb. (266 kg)
- Metallic Oort Gray No. 3, Glass Sparkle Black
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty